HLG represents clients in large and small business disputes in courts and arbitration proceedings throughout California. HLG's business litigation cases often involve claims for breach of contract & partnership agreements, fraud, negligence, negligent misrepresentation, interference with contract, declaratory relief, unjust enrichment, injunctive relief, and accounting.
Unlike most large law firms, we try and arbitrate cases on a regular basis for plaintiffs and defendants.
Clients we represent or have represented in business litigation matters include Universal Bank, Cathay Bank, Tomato Bank, City National Bank, Heritage Propane, American General Mortgage Corporation, First Wilshire Finance, Barkley Court Reporters, Hamilton Brewart Insurance, CNA, and Great American Custom.
Among their successes, HLG's attorneys have won for their clients:
- A defense verdict for Universal Bank in a lawsuit for $2 million after a two week jury trial of plaintiff's breach of contract and fraud lawsuit relating to an investment in a Mexico paging company.
- A defense verdict for First Wilshire Finance in a lender liability suit after a two week jury trial.
- A $7.2 million verdict in a six week jury trial for Hi-Val, Inc. against I/O Magic for breach of contract and fraud, including $1.5 million in punitive damages.
- A $10.2 million judgment for CFS Financial Services against Safety Storage, Inc. for interference with contractual relationships, including $1 million in punitive damages.
- A $1 million award in a 13 day arbitration of a partnership dispute.
- A multi-million dollar settlement for a bank in a fraud and negligent misrepresentation lawsuit against an accounting firm.
- A settlement for less than ten percent of plaintiff's $10 million lawsuit for negligence and breach of fiduciary duty.