HLG has a wealth of experience litigating, arbitrating and trying entertainment disputes. HLG has represented entertainment clients in disputes involving breach of licensing, production, management, recording & employment contracts, the Talent Agencies Act, accounting issues, royalty payments, copyright infringement, breach of nondisclosure agreements and profit participations.
We are sensitive to the unique character of the entertainment industries given their relatively small communities and thus the importance of preserving personal relationships. While every client can expect our vigorous and aggressive representation, in entertainment disputes, we always give due consideration to exploring alternatives to full-blown litigation.
Successful entertainment litigation matters that HLG has handled include:
- A $1 million arbitration award for Lisa Marie against her former partner.
- The dismissal of a labor claim under the Talent Agency Act by recording mixers Tom and Chris Lord-Alge to void their management contracts.
- A summary judgment finding that the Talent Agency Act does not apply to record mixing agreements.
- A favorable settlement resulting in client's 100% ownership of a Spanish music award show on network television.
- A favorable settlement for a recording artist against her music label for breach of pay or play provision.
- A favorable settlement for music executives for breach of their employment agreements.