Real Estate Litigation
HLG has successfully tried and arbitrated all types of real estate disputes. Our attorneys have vast experience handling disputes involving: purchase and sale agreements, real estate financing, guarantees, leases, construction, partnerships and joint ventures, brokers, title issues, easements, foreclosures, receiverships, and evictions.
HLG represents and has represented companies and individuals involved in all aspects of the real estate business, including owners, sellers, purchasers, developers, lenders, borrowers, partners, commercial landlords and tenants, homeowners' associations, investors and brokers.
Recent real estate disputes that we have handled for clients include, the representation of:
- North Beverly Park Homeowners Association in an easement dispute with South Beverly Park.
- Universal Bank in connection with judicial foreclosure, receivership and breach of guarantee actions involving commercial properties.
- A corporate investor with claims against the developer of three condominium projects in San Jose, CA.
- A national insurance company in the foreclosure of an office building.
- Investors in a dispute concerning the ownership of 11 acres of undeveloped real property in Riverside, CA.
- Commercial property owners in several breach of lease and unlawful detainer actions.
- Brokers in connection with breach of fiduciary claims and claims for unpaid commissions.
- A court-appointed receiver in a construction dispute against a general contractor and architect.